GRIT COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE WOODLOT
In this guide you'll discover information on managing your forest, how to choose a woodstove, making money from your wooded acres, and much more. The Complete Guide to the Woodlot explores ways to get the most out of your woods, from the science of stacking firewood and choosing the best wood for burning to picking the best chainsaw and selling timber from your land.
Whether you want to heat your home with wood, grill with wood chunks, or pick the perfect log splitter, this guide covers it all. Learn how to build a kitchen island, make your own wooden shakes, or maintain your property with a chipper-shredder.
Other articles include:
- The Time-Honored Art of Splitting Wood: Once you’ve mastered the tools and techniques, splitting wood by hand can be a pleasure.
- The Art of Coppicing: This ancient technique lets forests produce timber without killing trees.
- How to Make a Homemade Fire Starter: A few ordinary household items can be combined to easily create a starter for your fireplace.
- When to Choose Wood Heat: For some households, heating with wood is a smart, sustainable option. Learn about the benefits and costs of using a woodstove to heat your home.
- Home Lumber Mill: Crafting Dimensional Sawed Timbers: Portable sawmills let you use your lumber from your land.
- Profit With a Portable Sawmill Business: Learn how to generate money for the homestead by processing wood, custom cutting lumber, and more.
Item Number: 7362