- Recommended Products
In a cookbook whose results seem like magic but whose recipes and instructions are specific, easy-to-follow and foolproof, Claudia Lucero shows step by step (with every step photographed) how to make 16 fresh cheeses at home, using easily available ingredients and tools, in an hour or less.
This versatile No. 8 Electric Grinder doubles as a sausage stuffer and features a compact design for easy storage. Its powerful 575-watt motor is ideal for grinding any wild game or domestic meat at home. Seen on Food Network's "The Next Iron Chef" and "Love of the Hunt TV," it's a favorite among chefs and hunters alike for its portability and power.
This kit has all the supplies you need to start making hard and soft cheeses with 1 gallon of milk or less!
• Same supplies and equipment used by professionals to make cheese
• Comes with the cultures, rennet, thermometer, cheesecloth, mold/press for 1 pound of cheese and recipe booklet to get you started – no frills, nothing to go to waste
• Comes with mesophilic and thermophilic cultures, each containing enough for 24 pounds of cheese! (You can make a mother culture from these cultures, so they can last a long time.)
• The mold is the best one to use as a form for soft cheeses and mozzarella, and as a press for harder cheeses like Colby and cheddar.
New to making cheese? Or just don't have the tools you need? This kit contains tools for making cheese of any kind. And by purchasing this kit you are saving money over buying the tools individually.
These stainless steel tools are strong, last long, and won't tarnish or drop off other metals or coatings (as other metals do). These are the tools used at Homesteaders Supply to make all kinds of cheese, and they are the best for most situations. For example, the 5-quart colander is the perfect size. Cover it with cheesecloth, place it atop a large bowl, place your curds onto the cloth, and allow to drain. This works well for large or small curds, and for making soft or harder cheeses.
New to making hard cheese? Or just don't have the tools you need? We have put a kit together for you that has the tools you need to make cheese of any kind. And by purchasing this kit you are saving money over buying the tools individually.
Included in this kit:
• Mesophilic and thermophilic cultures, and calcium chloride for use with pasteurized milk
• Cheesecloth (2 yards, 90 count), vegetarian rennet, lipase, thermometer, sea salt
Travel to Italy right from your kitchen! Whip up your own fresh mozzarella for Caprese salad and homemade ricotta for lasagna or just enjoy both as protein rich snacks. Bonus farmers' cheese makes it easy to dive in with a mini 20 minute batch of fresh cheese anytime. Try them all, or just make all mozzarella, you will have everything you need whatever you choose.